Conducting applied research, and working with Australian and International scientists and researchers to establish and advance the knowledge, conservation and protection of Australia’s marine mammals.
- To conduct applied marine mammal research;
- To be at the leading edge of marine mammal scientific endeavour;
- To provide support for affiliated research projects;
- To publish & present results in international peer-reviewed publications and conferences; and
- To respond to marine mammal stranding events and provide scientific input and recovery assistance for various stakeholders.
View all Applied Research Initiatives here